A communication professor writes about the joys and challenges of scholarship at a flagship university. Welcome to the life of the mind!

Friday, October 29, 2010

encyclopedia entries-round one

I have somehow gotten through 30 years of tenure-track professoring without once writing an encyclopedia entry.  Then, last year, I purchased the ~Encyclopedia of Communication Theory,~ <http://www.sagepub.com/booksProdDesc.nav?prodId=Book232100> and it was love, love, love. I have no idea how I lived without before!!!  And I have author envy, as I wish I had written one of the entries.  Because I did not want that to happen to me again, I jumped on the opportunity to contribute to the new ~Sage Encyclopedia of Gender and Media.~  I am writing the entries on blogging and on Facebook.  They are due November 1.  So I just finished drafting the one on blogging today.  I will edit and revise tomorrow and then hit the Facebook one.  I started with the easier one, as I had a previous essay I could use as a preliminary draft.  It still took several hours to cut it and reframe it, but I have a draft.  Yeah!  Now, the issue is will the next one flow as easily?  We shall see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
div id="cse-search-results">