A communication professor writes about the joys and challenges of scholarship at a flagship university. Welcome to the life of the mind!

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

work in spite of it all

This morning, as soon as I was ready to open the laptop, a very loud compressor started screaming outside my sun room.  These housing renovations are really getting to be too much.  After consulting with the workers, I discovered the loud work was almost over, so I was able to eat a quick lunch and work almost 8 hours straight on a rewrite that is due tomorrow.  I am happy to say I have tomorrow to read it through and try to complete all the accompanying forms.  Then one more off the list.  Yeah!  I should be the happiest scholar on earth come November 1, as I will have ~nothing due~ until February 15.  Yeah!!!  I am hoping this means I will be able to complete some serious work on my house and enjoy some R&R time over the holidays.  Fingers crossed.  Meanwhile, I travel a week from today for a 4-day conference.  Yikes!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
div id="cse-search-results">